PAX West is a four-day game festival for tabletop, videogame, and PC gamers. It is called a festival because in addition to dedicated tournaments and freeplay areas there are nerdcore concerts, panel discussions, and an exhibitor hall filled with booths displaying the latest from top game publishers and developers. Even with all this amazing content the best part of PAX West is hanging out with other people who know their shit when it comes to all sorts of games.
PAX West 2016
For 2016, PAX Prime has been renamed to PAX West to fit in with all the other PAX names based on location. PAX West 2016 will be held at the Washington State Convention Center (WSCC) in Seattle, Washington.
Information and interesting facts about PAX Prime from year's previous.
PAX Prime 2015
PAX Prime 2014
PAX Prime 2013
Registration was over almost as soon as it began on April 17th 2013. All badges sold out in a matter of a few hours. A small percentage of badges were found to be in severe violation of the registration process, and were canceled. Those badges we re-sold on May 21st 2013 and sold out in less than 30 minutes. A Registration Sellout FAQ was set up to explain the process.
- Friday, August 30th 2013 - 10am to midnight
- Saturday, August 31st 2013 - 10am to midnight
- Sunday, September 1st 2013 - 10am to midnight
- Monday, September 2nd 2013 - 10am to 7pm
EXHIBIT HALL HOURS
- Friday, August 30th 2013 - 10am to 6pm
- Saturday, August 31st 2013 - 10am to 6pm
- Sunday, September 1st 2013 - 10am to 6pm
- Monday, September 2nd 2013 - 10am to 6pm
PAX Prime 2012
Registration went live on May 2nd, 2012 offering 3-day badges for $65, and single day badges for $35 each. Within hours, all 3-day badges sold out. All PAX Prime badges sold out on May 3rd, a record for PAX.
BYOC registration began on May 2nd, 2012. It sold out within hours.
- Friday, August 31st 2012 - 10am to 2am
- Saturday, September 1st 2012 - 10am to 2am
- Sunday, September 2nd 2012 - 10am to 7pm
EXHIBIT HALL HOURS
- Friday, August 31st 2012 - 10am to 6pm
- Saturday, September 1st 2012 - 10am to 6pm
- Sunday, September 2nd 2012 - 10am to 6pm
PAX Prime 2011
This was the first year that the Paramount Theater was used as PAX's main theater. As well, both the main convention center and the entirety of Annex at WSCC were used for PAX. In previous years only parts of the Annex were used for PAX and the main theater was in the Sheraton.